Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Today will be a frozen day in Heck!

techmike

My Sweeties' car is an 05 KIA Sorento. We bought it because Chevy had quit making Blazers, and it had that 10year/100k mile warranty. #$@%&*)(#$# mistake.

Engine replaced @ 5k miles-took 29 days. Rear diff rebuilt @ 59k miles. I started R&R the timing belt on New Years Eve, due every 60K miles. It is an interference engine, which means if the belt breaks, SOL! I have done timing belts before. There is SO much crap just to get to the 3 timing belt covers....... 6.5 hours to get the original belt off. Then due to my mistake, I broke the belt tensioner. Not even the dealer stocked it. (Guess I must be special to be the ONE in Toledo to have to order it!!!!) My days off are Thursday/Friday, so I am putting it together Thursday. Major snow storm due to hit. Oh yeah, will be a real fun day!!!!!

TM

Gosh - it's still working! A few squeals from the 3 count them 3 drive belts. I have to increase tension, 2 are adjustable from the top, 1 from the bottom. Many thanks for the great vibes!

(thinking about a new moniker - "I hate Kia")

PS - What made this such an enjoyable task is I can only get a car about 2 feet into my garage. I bungee'd a big tarp from the top of my garage around the front of the car, and two kerosene heaters going full blast. My toes are now thawed!

TM

Ahem. It is not an issue of a "clean" garage.  More so the radial drill press, table saw, band saw, 10" chop saw, multi-purpose machine (mill/drill/lathe), abrasive blast cabinet, gun safe, tool boxes, air compressor, work bench,  grinder, belt sander, welder, shooting and reloading supplies.....get the picture?  ;D

Oh, and I forgot 3 computers and work stations to repair 3 more - I have a small PC repair business in there also.  :confused:

TM

Ahem. It is not an issue of a "clean" garage.  More so the radial drill press, table saw, band saw, 10" chop saw, multi-purpose machine (mill/drill/lathe), abrasive blast cabinet, gun safe, tool boxes, air compressor, work bench,  grinder, belt sander, welder, shooting and reloading supplies.....get the picture?  ;D

Oh, and I forgot 3 computers and work stations to repair 3 more - I have a small PC repair business in there also.  :confused:

TM

I can relate ... 3-car garage for 1 car + all the toys(bikes, sleds, tools, equipment, etc). It'd be funny if it wasn't so twisted!  ;D

I understand, we have a 2-car garage, family car gets parked inside (also a Kia Sorento), however my old GMC pick-up stays outside so I have room for my power tools. Even then I have all the big tools on rollers so it can be stored along one wall to get the SUV in.