Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Got hobbies besides shooting?

techmike

I lived in California for 29 years before moving back to Ohio. I had a killer back yard with roses, ferns, a koi pond, hot tub ect. I have a koi pond in Ohio, but the sucker freezes over. The pond has become the focus of the back yard, (when thawed), and is very relaxing. (sound of falling water) The fish are breeding, and we only lost two fish last winter. Also have bull frogs!

post-10-14412436035_thumb.jpg

The rest of the skeletons

IMG_1099.JPG

IMG_1100.JPG

I made 2 of each skeleton we kept one set the other set went to my grandkids.

A project in the planning is a new music stand for my wife's piano, the old one got broke when she moved in her when we got married.

musicstand04.png.jpg

She's Irish and those are Celtic knots.

Yeah? What kind? Have seen some in mags that are incredible. Choppers and jets....

Fixed wing prop only. No helis. Fixed wing & heli pilots don't get along. Jets are just plain hyper expensive. Right now I have a Pop Orner X500 (this is a custom built plane) with an OS MAX FX46 engine, a Great Planes PT40, a Great Planes Electro Streak, a Slo Poke Sport 40 and a Spitfire park flyer. The X500 is a real race car of a plane.

Got hobbies besides shooting?

I've been in martial arts since I was 15 (scary how long ago that was).  I got my start in Okinawan Kempo, did a bunch of tournament fighting throughout New England for a few years.  After moving to Texas from Maine I found my current school, been there 12 years, been an instructor for the past 10 years.  I don't do too much of the point fighting too much anymore, mostly now I concentrate on realistic self-defense, weapon fighting and weapon disarming, etc.  We primarily train civilians, but have had a few HCSO deputies and HPD officers come through.

I've been in martial arts since I was 15 (scary how long ago that was).  I got my start in Okinawan Kempo, did a bunch of tournament fighting throughout New England for a few years.  After moving to Texas from Maine I found my current school, been there 12 years, been an instructor for the past 10 years.  I don't do too much of the point fighting too much anymore, mostly now I concentrate on realistic self-defense, weapon fighting and weapon disarming, etc.  We primarily train civilians, but have had a few HCSO deputies and HPD officers come through.

Wow - That is a LONG time! And a whole boat-load of experience Share some pis if you have some!

TM

Mine is a Dremel, which is a low end starter one. I've only been at it for less than two years. If I spent more time at it I might be able to justify a better one, but some of them cost as much as a fully tricked out AR style match rifle  :o

It gets the job done.

You can do a lot to control vibration if you mount it  with some sort of dampner between the stand and scrollsaw.

Mine is a Dremel, which is a low end starter one. I've only been at it for less than two years. If I spent more time at it I might be able to justify a better one, but some of them cost as much as a fully tricked out AR style match rifle  :o

It gets the job done.

You can do a lot to control vibration if you mount it  with some sort of dampner between the stand and scrollsaw.

Dremel is high quality equipment - the saw I was gifted with was from china, and no amount of vibration dampening could tame the beast. BTW, a neat book, Celtic Design, by Aidan Meehan has some neat patterns.

TM