Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

.22 Specific Scope Choices

imschur

• 1 month later...

Perhaps not entirely .22 specific, but for my conversion I finally settled on a Burris FFII with the extra lines ballistic lines.  Turns out that if zeroed normally for 5.56, you wind up with a zero at 20 with the 300 yard line for the .22.  Pretty happy with that, except that I'd like a lit reticle option.

I just bought a flat top CMMG M4LEP-A, and have a NCStar reflex on it now, but at 25 yards the dot consumes the target.

Began looking for something else.  I've never really ever used optics.  I really like the iron sight feel of having the reflex site so I was looking at getting a 1-4x scope.  Have seen cheap ones at Primary Arms and even Wal-Mart.  But was fearful 4x would not get me far enough out.  I really don't know what range that would get me.

Looking at that BSA Sweet 3-9x

How close a target can you shoot comfortably at 3x?

Wow lots more research and I'm not much closer to a decision.  I'm stuck between deciding on a 1-4x or a 3-9x.

I like the red dot, both eyes open ability, but also want to punch paper and steel targets at 25-100 yards.  Is 4x sufficient or do you need that 5-9x to really be accurate?

I'm stuck between deciding on a 1-4x or a 3-9x. 

In my experience the 1-4x is the better choice for a .22lr field rifle. If I'm going to use it for target then I just jump up to 24x or maybe 36x. I've found very little use for a 3-9x scope on a .22lr rifle.

Just make sure whatever you choose for a field rifle is parallax corrected down to 10-15 yards.

• 8 months later...

I've always used AO Adjustable Objective AirGun scopes. The ones made to withstand double recoil from spring guns and have smaller 1/8 moa adjustments. had great luck with them on 22 rifles. Especially at the closer ranges. I have a 2-7x32 md recticle on order now to test.

• 1 year later...

It's a good price, IF they ever ship.  This is a old model of the new item and I have my doubts that the Sportsman's Warehouse can get this item.  They don't have it in stock and BSA doesn't show it available on their web site for direct order.  Time will tell and I'm willing to wait, to take the chance.

• 3 weeks later...

I cancelled my order because they had delayed the shipment twice.  I don't believe they would ever ship it because it's been discontinued and I'd bet they're trying to find old stock to fill any orders.  Besides, I'd rather have the new model 2-7X32, despite the $100 price tag.  I believe it's a better match for the .22 cal so I guess I'll be living with my iron sights for a while, until I can save up and justify the higher price.  I have been having some pretty good luck with the stock sights anyway, so I'm gonna work on my marksmanship with those for now.

Besides, I was weighing the investment of $39.99 plus $9.99 shipping against the chance to get more ammo and just couldn't justify the scope now.  I'd rather have the ammo...but that's just me.