Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

GSG5SD, Tactical Shooter - Mt Clemens Michigan

DNR

I am 43 and retired disabled. My background involved lots of shooting and science behind shooting.

I got bored quick sitting around the house. I enjoy shooting, but buying a new arsenal of modern tactical weapons and ammo is not in the budget. Really - the whole point of tactical shooting is just having a decent weapon platform that can mark your target accurately anyways.

So why not a .22? Cheap ammo, plenty of places that allow .22 plinking.

Then add a GSG5 - and presto - you have a tactical training platform!

I hope to find similar minded shooters, ones who are serious about training, and tactical gear - it would be great if they were local!

See you in the forums..Got GSG5 topics..

-DNR

post-429-144124369077_thumb.jpg

Tried CCI stuff - The Velocitator was good, but some FTF, and FTE. I need to wait for a shipment of magazines - to figure out the cause by process of elimination.

The rounds would fail to extract, causing a double feed. Some rounds got bent. One critical feed error - a stovepipe round stuck in the magazine - cost me minutes to deal with.

I was able to quickly cycle the cocking knob, pull the mag, and check the breech - so at least it was fast to get the weapon back in action.

DNR = do not resuscitate

busy working.

I took the GSG5 out just two days ago. With the new mags and CCI rounds.

The weapons will FTF, FTE if you do not use the stock to hold the weapon firm. IF you hold the weapon, this may prevent the bolt from completing its full cycle - as the spring does not have a firm 'foundation'.

Using the Classic Army sliding stock, it rates close to POS (peice of shit) - the stock can lose index if you try to hold the weapon to firmly to your shoulder.

Going to put the GSG stock back on.

All in all - I blew threw 400 rounds with only 5 FTF/FTE issues - getting better.

• 1 month later...