Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Hiper velocity Ammo

Darkstar

I think they probably specified high velocity ammunition for your GSG 1911.

This is due to your pistol being a straight blow back action, as are virtually all .22lr semi auto firearms, and the recoil spring weight is properly chosen for high velocity ammo, the most common type.

Hyper velocity ammo is a high velocity charge with a lighter bullet weight.

You'll most likely find your pistol to be most reliable with high velocity ammunition, and there's no substitute for quality. Buy the best you can afford.

Your pistol may also be reliable with standard velocity and possibly subsonic, although I doubt it.

A recoil spring change could adapt your pistol to run reliably on the lower velocity ammo.

• 4 months later...

I've got somewhere around 2000 rounds through mine of whatever was laying around; CCI Mini Mag, Federal Bulk, Fed Auto match, Remington Thunderbolt, Golden Bullet, Winchester, and even some old wildcat.

Seemed like it ate most everything, had some issues with the golden bullet; ftf, which is the catridge, so can't blame the firearm.

I've found the GSG to be very reliable, and reasonably accurate for the $390 w/spare mag, I paid for it.

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up my gsg1911 on friday and took it to the range today to pop its cherry. I tried 5 different types of ammo: Federal Auto Match, Federal American Eagle, CCI Mini Mag, CCI Stinger, and CCI AR Tactical. All of which performed very well. I actually had the best groupings with the American Eagle ammo which is contrary to my experience with this ammo in my rifles (GSG522 and M&P15-22) which both work best with the CCI AR Tactical. I also just purchased the Sig Mosquito which liked the American Eagle but worked best with the Mini Mag.

Just my 2 cents :thumb:

• 4 months later...