Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Tactical Shotguns

imschur

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone needs a tactical scatter-gun ... my Benelli Super 90M3. Best gauge I've ever owned but kicks like a damn mule with 3" 00BS!  :o

HKBenelliSuper90M3-1.jpg

I'm assuming 12ga, how many rounds? My CD holds 5+1 and kicks like a mule also because it is very light.

My wife wants me to teach her to use it, figured I get 2-3/4 shells with bird shot so she doesn't beat me with the gun afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming 12ga, how many rounds? My CD holds 5+1 and kicks like a mule also because it is very light.

My wife wants me to teach her to use it, figured I get 2-3/4 shells with bird shot so she doesn't beat me with the gun afterwards.

Sorry I missed this question asmurff ... I don't think about shotties too much when I'm surfing this site.

My Benelli M3 holds 6+1 12ga 3" shells and I generally load 00 Buckshot ... neighbors beware! Over-penetration is an issue but I'll take my chances ... I am usually the only one in the house, so friendly fire has to reach the adjacent houses to cause collateral damages. The BG's will be deep in the hurt locker, regardless. It's a helluva kicker in pump mode, but lessens a bit in semi-auto mode, due to the inertia-recoil design ... either way it hurts with 3" Buckshot.  :o

I've let my girl shoot it with 2.75" #8 shot and she still doesn't like it ... too much kick, noise and weight for her liking. She likes to shoot my smaller guns better, but I think she could manage it if she had to use it in an emergency.  :confused: Be sure and give your wife fair warning beforehand, so she doesn't club you with your own gauge!

I went and looked up the Super90M3, did not know there where pump/semi-auto selectable shotguns. From what I read it is a very nice shotgun but out of my price range and priority list.

The CD is a nice gun except you can do very little with it after you buy it. The pistol grip stock was the only accessory CD offer for it and even though the barrel is changable I the time I've had it they've never had 26 or 28 inch barrels. I hope to replace it later next year with the old tried and true 870.

The pump/semi-auto function is not that big a deal, unless you're using LTL rounds that don't have the "oomph" to cycle the weapon(rubber bullets, etc). It might come in handy to do a tactical clearing in a pinch. I would be just as happy with a M1014 or M4, but I bought this shotgun when it was the "creme de la creme"; had to have it! I am a huge fan of Benelli shotguns of any design though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I keep a Mossberg 500 persuader, loaded with #4, next to my bed...Went with the #4, cause I'm a little concernced about the penetration, living in a neighboorhood.  Course I have my 2 Taurus Judges, both loaded with Winchester PDX410's...I don't have to be a marksman with this combo..Just point in the general direction and aim... ;D

Don't have to tell you what a great gun the persuader is, but here's the Judge with the PDX ammo

And when I take my Judge's to the range and put #4 in them, I have to try to get lanes with nobody shooting adjacent. At 20 feet, it will hit not only target in front but a few pellets, will hit the adjacent targets..

First time I fired my Judge, I was using bird shot and at 10 feet caught pellets in my face that bounced off the target frame. I only use buck and 45LC these days. I have enough issues without shooting myself... ;D

I hear ya Mike...With small shot that thing has an unbelievable spread....

• 4 months later...