Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Tactical Shotguns

imschur

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still a fan of the double barrel... Stoeger http://www.stoegerindustries.com has two versions that would fit the bill for me. The "Double Defense" (side by side) and the "Condor Outback" (over -n- under), both are short enough to use in a close quarter encounter with an intruder yet if need be a capable field gun in taking game for survival purposes. Even though the O/U has rifle sights the S/S with picatinny rails really grabs me.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the KelTek is an imaginary gun like their PMR30..You hear about them, but you can't find one... ;D

The 1st time I took my Judge to the range I loaded it with #6. And set the target up at 7yards. The people on each side of me were a little peaved as it not only tore my target up, but theirs as well... ;D

• 4 weeks later...

Hopefully this is not too far off topic but I need some input before I make a purchase! I am in the market for a tactical shotgun for the primary role of home defense. That said, that particular role does not allow (hopefully) for much shooting of the gun. I have looked at the Mossy 500 and the Remington 870 along with the cheaper pump clones all with the 18.5" barrel. My question is, does a scatter gun with it's short barrel have any other practical uses? Clays maybe? I know the gun club I belong to has 3 gun matches but I am very new to that side of the sport and not sure I am ready to go that route yet. I just want to be able to shoot the gun for fun without simply making Little holes in paper and then having it collect dust in the corner!

TR17

I have a Mossberg 500 which is at home is configured as a home defense gun with the 18.5" barrel. I also have a 28" vented rib barrel for clays and 24 inch rifled barrel for sabot style slugs.

You can usually get several combo set-up such as; 18.5" defense & 28" field, 28" field & 24" slug, the also have combos with a shotgun barrel and a 50 cal muzzle loader barrel.

• 1 month later...

Here are my triple threats

i-VWk3XjQ.jpg

Mossberg 390SPX GEN 3:

AimPro Rail

Knight's Armament Company Hand Stop

Magpul Ladder Rail covers

Surefire 300m Mini Scout Weapon Light

Remington 870 Tactical Grey:

Remington Tactical Brake

Mesa Tactical LEO Stock Adapter

Endine Shock Buffer Tube

LMT SOPMOD Stock

Magpul MAID Grip

Magpul BUIS Gen 1

Magpul Ladder Rail Covers

Surefire 300m Mini Scout Weapon Light

AimSports Tactical Rail

Mako Tri-Rail Fore grip

Knight's Armament Company Handstop

Izhmash Saiga 12

Tapco T6 Adapter

LMT SOPMOD Stock

Saiga Rail System

Primary Arms Micro Dot

Knight's Armament Company Hand Stop

Talon Brake

Insight M3 Weapon Light

I plan on working on the Saiga 12 more, but lately its been on the back burning with other stuff I've been working on and time.  If not I plan sending it out to Rifle Dynamics to get worked if I don't have time.  I would like the trigger conversion where it moves the trigger up more closer to the mag well and better stock conversion once that is done.

• 2 months later...