Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Indoor Range Doesn't Allow S&W MP-15 22

trant

Perhaps they arent grasping that its a dedicated .22. Ive been at indoor ranges with my AR-15 and wished to use a .22 conversion kit. Everyone was real nervous about me accidentally switching back to centerfire. In the end I always got to use it but not without several people verifying the conversion unit was in place.

a .22lr is a .22lr regardless of the delivery system.

Did they give you an explanation?

This gun range is in Elk Grove, California. I've read really bad reviews online on employees/management, so I don't think talking to anyone will help. *sighs*

Ah, CA. That explains it.

I am assuming your 15-22 has the 10 round mags  :confused: I didn't realize they were available yet.

• 2 months later...

when i started reading this i was thinking this sounds a lot like the nearest range to me....IT IS!!! lol...their policy was no weapons that look like assault rifles because they got complaints from someone when they allowed them long ago. they do however allow them again. it has to be a dedicated .22 or if you have a converted ar then they said they need to check and make sure you dont have any rounds other than .22 . i have also read a lot of bad reviews about them but i have always great help there...i just wouldnt buy anything other than targets and .22s when they have them because it seems everything is over priced

• 1 month later...

when i started reading this i was thinking this sounds a lot like the nearest range to me....IT IS!!! lol...their policy was no weapons that look like assault rifles because they got complaints from someone when they allowed them long ago. they do however allow them again. it has to be a dedicated .22 or if you have a converted ar then they said they need to check and make sure you dont have any rounds other than .22 . i have also read a lot of bad reviews about them but i have always great help there...i just wouldnt buy anything other than targets and .22s when they have them because it seems everything is over priced

i wonder if they also had a policy that bans customers from wearing turbans and long facial hair.

-a|ex

I know it's a drive from Elk Grove - But I always liked the ranges out at Ione. There was a 200 yd range that was fun - no range master. And I used to shoot high power on the 1000 yd range. (I used to live in Rancho Cordova.) You might contact the Folsom Shooting Club for range info. If you are a member, you can also fish the ponds.

Good luck!

TM

I understand about the .22/long range. They do have shorter ranges. Also, Folsom Shooting Club used to put on high power weekend shoots. You paid a small fee, and all day Saturday was orientation and training, Sunday was the shoot - we took turns in the target pits, the targets are raised up, then down for scoring and patching, and then shooting. Each shooter was provided with a M-1 Garand, a bandoleer of ammo, and a coach. We got to shoot at 200, 400 and 600 yards - great fun weekend! There was also an outdoor range on Sunrise Blvd., south of Folsom Blvd, East of Mather Field. !00 yd rifle, 25 0r 35 pistol, and they also had a silhouette lane for .rimfire.

TM

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...