Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Winchester 333 ammo

rodent.22

Fired off a box of this 333 today, freshly cleaned Colt/Umarex OPS- after 250 rounds the bolt face and forward chamber end was so dirty the bolt was COMPRESSING the crud causing FTE'S and failure to seat completely. When changing magazines I had to seat the first round with the charging handle. I'll keep a can of spray cleaner handy from now on.... :grin:

did anyone notice how small that fish was in the photo ? its on the right above the winchester super x

True - It IS small by Texas standards. But I caught it in California, so it was considered average size there. Actually, 2.5 lbs from Lake Natoma. It was a keeper!

TM

• 2 weeks later...

Ive seen some winchester super x copper plated hollow point in a red plastic box anypone used these ? are the anygood

I've been shooting the 40 grain plated hollowpoints for a few months now and they group very well.

The cavernous hollowpoint and the advertised, but not quite accurate 1280 fps  make this my candidate for larger animals like raccoons. Surprisingly they shoot to the same point of aim at 25 and 50 yards as the CCI subsonics which are my choice for smaller animals like squirrel and rabbits.

• 2 weeks later...

ive seen some winchester super x copper plated hollow point in a red plastic box anypone used these ? are the anygood

those work great on my sig 522 and walther p22...

if the local wally world is out of federals (550 36g), super x is my next choice. the federal champions 525 40g value pack is also a good choice.

i read somewhere that it's the wax on all 22lr that causes most of the dirt build up.

-a|ex