Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Colt M4 round count

rodent.22

how many rounds have you shot thru your Colt? Any operating issues? Mine has really smoothed out, depending on how dirty the ammo is makes all the difference regarding any problems when firing. I've got about 3000 rounds thru mine, a very robust arm. No undue wear....

I've only had mine about 2 weeks and have about 1500 rounds through it using Winchester Super X.  Keeping it clean is the key to smooth operation, I haven't had one problem that wasn't due to operator error minus the dust cover not working, but it seems that is a 50/50 chance that it works or it doesn't on some rifles.

Its rather odd about the dust cover, because on mine it works, but I was messing around with the same rifle in a different store and it worked... So I don't know if the non-working one is the way its supposed to be or if the working one was a fluke. But I've seen others in videos where it works so who knows?

Either way, I'm up to about 2700 rounds through it now and not one hiccup but it definitely does not like Remington ammo.

When released, the dust cover was advertised as "non-functional, for cosmetic purposes only". Umarex may have made changes due to complaints. Other than ammo issues, (Remington, and cheaper flavors of Winchester), mine has been a great shooter. About 3500 thru mine.

TM

• 1 month later...

I've ran at least 8000 rounds through mine with no significant problems. Every 200-300 rounds I may have a feeding issue or failure to fire but that's about it. IMHO key is selecting the appropriate ammo (these are kinda picky rifles) and keeping the rifle clean. Check out the Ammo thread I started in the sticky section for further info on appropriate ammo.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

First let me thank the administrators for putting together this site and it's members for

participating as I have found not one other useful or informative site regarding the umarex/colt line of firearms. Back on task, I have the m4 ops model and have sent just shy of 20,000 rounds down range. I clean my rifle every 500 rds give or take. I have never completely dissasembled the rifle as per techmike's .ppt but that project is on my short list.

I have experienced no problems with this rifle other than an an initial search for quality ammo after about $30.00 and seven mfg's I settled with the federal 550 value pack and have experienced 0 feed problems. I routinely fire sub M.O.A. groups @ 100 yds with this $15.95 economy ammo. I currently have no mods other than a $49.00 centerpoint  1x red/green dot scope I Picked up at Walmart which has a signifigantly smaller/tighter dot than the Usual 5 M.O.A. found on most econo optics. It's not labled but I'm guessing it's likely around 3 M.O.A. I'm quite pleased and impressed with the rifle rifle and I'm considering purchasing the m16 spr model if it will except the mods i want to outfit it with so now I'm off to the mods and upgrades section to search for tips.

• 1 month later...