Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

GSG-5/GSG -522 Popularity Sinking?

i have noticed that the sales of all gsg products have been a little slow to be honest i have been on quite a few websites looking at gsg rifles have been out done buy the colt m4 and the S&W M&P 15/22 and the fudd gun (ruger 10/22 family) and before i upset anyone i was at the rifle range and someone was poking fun at my gsg AK47 during a ceasefire and he was shooting a ruger 10/22 a guy on the on the other side of me said ''at least he isn't using a fudd gun'' i looked at him and he said ''his rifle is the sorta thing that Elma fudd would hunt with''  :o

• 3 weeks later...

I track site traffic very well. To say the GSG-5 is dead is an understatement. The Sig 22, Bushmaster ACR  and Larue OSR slay almost everything else atm. The other part of the issue I think is the lawsuit and changes. ATI has not done a good job of promoting the new versions

GSG has lowered the price on the -522 which I can assure you DOES matter.  I got onto the GSG because I saw a Big-5 ad for the S&W M&P 15-22 and decided to check the GSG-5 against the "sale price" of the S&W.  Here in California expect to pay about $100 less for the GSG-522 than the Smith and even more for the Colt-Umarex.  At $351 the GSG is only about $100 more than a Ruger 10/22 (not on sale) and considering the differences I'd say that's a good value.