Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Hurricane Irene

imschur

As a long time Gulf Coast resident, I feel for you..Hang in there..The storm is usually not the real bad part. It's the aftermath. No electricity. Hence no food, no gas, no traffic lights, fallen trees..That's the part that sucks...And evacutating can be a nightmare as well, if you decide to go that route.. Hurricane Rita, 27 hours to get to Austin, a 180 mile trip. And ALL kinds of people sharing the roadway with you.

Hang in there Drew, and let us know as soon as you can that you guys are doing well....

Talked to headquarters, and they're battening down the hatches in Bloomfield, but I think they'll be allright as far inland as they are..

Hang in there!!!

Well we are still half of a day a way from the storm hitting and the sky is already quite ominous. NYC is shutting down, NJ is making some highways one direction only. It looks like here in CT they are talking about closing highways and such. A lot of people are really freaking out.

I have been through hurricanes before here in CT as well as Florida as a youth staying with my grandparents. The thing that strikes me differently and causes my concern with Irene is the size and speed. This thing is just crawling. All the others I have been through were in and out. They are talking 18 hours of sustained wind and rain with Irene.

I am confused. If one listens to or reads MSM, this hurricane is the end of the world. But if you go to Drudge, there are pics of folk surfing, watching waves, and some scientist saying "Scientist mocks: Phony 'Hurricane' Coming On Shore With 33 MPH Winds...". So... I'm confused. :confused: Whichever, stay safe you guys!

I have worked for FEMA for over 18 years and I can tell you we are at the highest level of activation I have ever seen. All of my team is now 12 on 12 off with no idea of a stand down date. Remember "Trust me I am from the Government. I am here to help".

Imschur: I really hope the storm is kind to you.

I've got a Northern generator, 8000 watt 13 horse Honda engine. Thirstiest bastard I've ever seen. Still beats the hell out of being out here in the country for 2 weeks with no power, no water, no refrigerator and no hot water. Been there and done that, NO fun.... :beer:

post-16-144124374025_thumb.jpg