Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Announcing Tactical 22 Postal Match

techmike

Announcing the first annual Tactical22.Net Postal Match!

A postal match is where you download a target, print it, dust off your favorite Tactical 22lr firearm, and shoot your best 5 shots at 50 yards. You then mail the target, (this is the postal part), to the judge. The winners are determined by:  Numerical scoring of the target, number of X ring hits, and finally group size, if needed. Postal matches are fun because they allow members from all over to have a friendly competition without having to travel.

PRIZES – First place wins the coveted Tactical 22 TOP SHOT hat, and a Brownell's gift certificate. 2nd through 5th place will receive the less coveted, but still really cool Tactical 22 hats. Winners will also be asked to submit a picture to be posted on the forum for bragging rights.

RULES:

• Must be a member of Tactical22.net forum.
  • Ammunition – any flavor of .22lr ammo. Please, no .22 mag, .17 HMR, .223, ect.
  • Range – 50 yards – we are working on the honor system here guys. If I get a target with powder burns, even I will be suspicious.....
  • Position – Any - prone, off hand, bench – all OK – this is a fun match!
  • Rifle – Any Tactical 22 – Defined as: A semi-automatic .22lr caliber rifle that has at least 3 characteristics that Senator Diane Frankenstein hates.... black color, pistol grip, detachable magazine, flash suppressor, bayonet lug, looks evil to liberals, ect – you get the idea. Please – no bolt action tack drivers.
  • Target – Posted below, download and print  – target must print out on a standard sheet of printer paper – 8.5x11”.
  • How to enter – Follow the above rules, and mail your target with your name, user name and $1 to:

Mike Weigandt
    PO Box 51
    Toledo, OH 43697
    USA

• Entries must be postmarked between 8/17/2013 and 8/31/2013.
    • Judging will begin promptly on 9/7/2013, and winners will be announced as soon as judging is completed.
    • All entries become property of Tac22, judges decisions are final.
    • Privacy – Only forum user names will be posted, names and addresses will only be used to mail prizes to the winners, then will be discarded.
    • Pictures – winners and contestants are encouraged to post pics of your firearm, range & even yourself , preferably with a pretty girl/woman holding your rifle. If you are a pretty girl/woman and wish to enter – that would be outstanding!

• I think that does it, it you have any questions/comments please PM techmike.

Target printing tip - Save the target file to your computer, then open it, (default is usually windows photo viewer) then click print (twice). The image will be larger than the page, uncheck "Fit to Frame", then print it.

post-10-144124389714_thumb.jpg
      post-10-144124389726_thumb.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know what caused it to print in a different size, its been messed up for awhile but i can correct size in the controls.

had to print it out at 124% size which is still a bit small but its okay.

would it be against the rules to paste on a 'shoot-n-c' target onto the black center circle? it would be the exact size of the '8' ring.

i dont know what caused it to print in a different size, its been messed up for awhile but i can correct size in the controls.

had to print it out at 124% size which is still a bit small but its okay.

would it be against the rules to paste on a 'shoot-n-c' target onto the black center circle? it would be the exact size of the '8' ring.

Glad you got it figured out, maybe I should not have posted the target as a jpeg.....

I need to be able to see the target's scoring rings to be accurate when I score them, so that would be a no on the shoot-n-c.

Sorry!