Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Mods and Upgrades Pic Thread

hkm4

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all. Have had My M4 Ops for a little over a year now - About 2500 rounds through it. It loves Federal and jams on any Remington. Its overall been a GREAT rifle. I did have to send it in for a repair which UMAREX took care of without any complaint. The main buffer spring was all bunched up in it. They slapped a new one in there and we were off again. About 1500 rnds since then. I get a FTF only when I don't have the bolt locked back when changing mags. Lock, Load no problem. Decent accuracy. Groups around 1" groups at 100 and about 5" at 200. Recently got my patch at a Project Appleseed shoot with it too. It's a fun plinker. I kept the mods small - Wather ps22 red dot, MI single post rear flip up iron(SAW), 1" tac lite with a single ring holding it, two point sling  and Knights Armament foregrip and rail covers. I like the 30 rnd mags but when you goto the range - gotta have the 10 rounders to get under the visors at the benches. It makes a great rifle to give to the girl so I can shoot my other toys at the same time. That's my Saiga .308 and my Walther p22 next to it. I am probably going for one of the new HK/UMA mp5 rifles too - when I can find one. The second pic was the day I got it. The one of it on my truck's hood was after taking it to the range a few times. I don't always like the foregrip. Anyone here have one of the M16 SPR's?

post-239-144124365896_thumb.jpg

post-239-144124365899_thumb.jpg

If you feed it right your talking about 1-2" groups at 300yds. It opens up from there. I think that the stock trigger is pretty culprit on that though. Overall, great gun - only had one FTE and that was after doing 2 mag dumps(20's) back to back with some steel cased rounds. All told about 800 rounds through it. I might swap out the FCG and furniture for the ak parts. Still sorting through that though. If you want a reliable shooter - they are gold.

HENRY

@raiders: I bought myself a G27 pistol Grip, however it doesn't seem to fit right away. It looks like I have to get rid of about 1cm for the grip to fit. Is that normal? Did you have to adjust it a lot for it to fit?

This is what I have done so far:

2qukvm1.jpg

I really want to change the pistol grip. If any of you know what brand or type is easy to fit please let me know!

I also have a flashlight on order for it!

• 1 month later...

here is a photo of my Colt 22 with a couple of upgrades. 

CAA Flashlight Grip adapter with Green laser

Umarex M-16 forend

NcStar 4X9 scope

CAA G27 Grip

Blackhawk Single point Sling

Magpul CTR stock

Magpul Magazine floor plates

Tacticool threaded barrel adapter

Tacticool 4.5 inch barrel shroud

Bill Springfield modified trigger

That's cool. If I had a second rifle to pimp I'd look at something like this. The M16 rails are pretty expensive though aren't they? Are they mil spec? Could other makes fit too?

Cheers

Glowin

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's my baby  :grin: I don't care what anyone says about these things being unreliable, I drag this puppy through the woods every week and put about 300-500rds through it each time with maybe 1-3 dud rounds. Field Tested! Consistently out-shoots my best friend's M&P 22. Next step is to get the trigger done...

post-511-144124370344_thumb.jpg

post-511-144124370348_thumb.jpg

post-511-144124370351_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...