Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

What do you have on order?

imschur

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walther P-55 is on back order for an unspecified period of time. I've cancelled my order. Any suggestions as to a relatively cost effective red dot sight? ;D

One of my favorite online camera shops who is an advertiser at one of my blogs has a lot of red dots to choose from. Check them out here. Pick out a few and run them by the group if you want.

• 2 weeks later...

I can understand he is stressed....but it was strange, I was standing there, card in hand, when I called.  5 e-mails later, 3 by me, two from him...no invoice, never took my order, was not interested in explaining/clarifying what I was getting if I bought his kit as opposed to doing the multiple auctions on gun broker,

If at any point he would have just said, this is option A, and this is option B...I would have picked one, paid him for it and not have wasted any more of each others time, and been perfectly happy!

any way, how do you like the RAS? I am not really wanting the rail, I think I would be just as happy, if not more with the scope mount, I just am not happy with the wobbly original fore grip and stock and it is my understanding the RAS makes the fore grip area very solid. I just also dislike that hollow sound of the plastic stock, it seems to take what seems like a very good shooting gun and makes it feel cheap.

I have given thought to making something that either welds or clamps to the barrel cover that would allow a couple of screws to be used through the fore grip, but if I can  and accomplish this by using the RAS, saves a bunch of time and work!

So, I have been waffling back and forth about just placing a order through gun broker or just simply doing the fore grip mods myself, the ability to put optics on it is not really that big of deal, I have the S&W M&P 15-22 also, (along with a few other 22's) so leaving the GSG open sights gives it that classic look!

thats what I hear! guess I might have to give in and just order the stuff through gunbroker, I had sent xpress guns a e-mail explaing what I was looking and what I felt the miscomunacaions intailed,  asked for a invoice for either the pieces I wanted or the whole kit, what ever worked with his sales policy ,,,,but never recieved it.

On a completly Diffrent note! Just got a e-mail from Midway letting me know that a couple of 32rd Pro-mag magazines i had on back order were coming available!!!

Dang I have got to stop buying gun toys or the wife is going to spank me and take my birthday away!

Im thinking of getting one as well. I had the old hornady progressive 15 years ago. It had a few deficiencies that have been corrected. I will still use Redding powder measures and dies though. Hard to go back

Anyhow I ordered the rest if my KIDD 10/22 build

Combo

trigger unit : single stage black with silver blade and silver release

trigger pull weight: single stage 1.5lbs

magazine release lever: speed (long) - 20.00

barrel option : 16.5" Lightweight Black .870" thread & cap - 105.00

bolt color & finish: black matte  - 125.00

cocking assembly handle color: black  - 35.95

buffer: add buffer - 5.95

receiver pins: add receiver pin kit - 29.95

Found (on Gun Broker) some vintage M16 triangular hand guards in the original packaging. Ordered two sets - doing a build for my Sweetie' date=' and she wants hers to look like a '70's era M16.

[/quote']

I read an interview with Eugene Stoner once in which he claimed that the newer oval AR hand guards were a down grade from his original triangular fore stocks.

I this interview he stated that he and his team had spent countless hours perfecting the shape of the fore stock to facilitate rapid cooling of the barrel and gas tube and that the oval fore stock was a concession to comfort that reduced the rifle's cooling ability.

I was shopping online to find some .22lr ammo to discover the 150% increase in price at the bargain level.  However, I found myself in Lexington on Friday for training so I went by Bud's and they had eight boxes of Federal 22 bulk pack on the shelf.  They aren't offering anything online so I presume they are intentionally reserving stock for their walk-in customers.  I bought two boxes at $50 each and am pleased to have have it.  I feel that I now have a bare minimum level of ammo on hand, but I'll be looking to supplement my inventory as income permits.  This is crazy pricing, but I sure do understand it.

I read an interview with Eugene Stoner once in which he claimed that the newer oval AR hand guards were a down grade from his original triangular fore stocks.

I this interview he stated that he and his team had spent countless hours perfecting the shape of the fore stock to facilitate rapid cooling of the barrel and gas tube and that the oval fore stock was a concession to comfort that reduced the rifle's cooling ability.

That is interesting. The few times I have handled a rifle with them, it seems to be a more natural grip.