Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

What do you have on order?

imschur

I was shopping online to find some .22lr ammo to discover the 150% increase in price at the bargain level.  However, I found myself in Lexington on Friday for training so I went by Bud's and they had eight boxes of Federal 22 bulk pack on the shelf.  They aren't offering anything online so I presume they are intentionally reserving stock for their walk-in customers.  I bought two boxes at $50 each and am pleased to have have it.  I feel that I now have a bare minimum level of ammo on hand, but I'll be looking to supplement my inventory as income permits.  This is crazy pricing, but I sure do understand it.

I've seen a few "Deals" like that as well. Luckily I'm pretty well stocked, but I will remember these guys when the current hub bub settles down, and will hope that those 550 round boxes of 22 lr, that they have priced at $50.00 sit on the shelves and gather dust in the near future.

Where is the price increase coming from? The manufacturers? The Wholesalers? or on the retail level. I wouldn't thing the cost of manufacturing 22lr has tripled in the last month, so I smell a little price gouging.  :confused:

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't use tracer here, all the ranges and clubs forbid them because of how dry it is here except for the 30 minutes after each rain.

Same here smurf. The range i use to use had a 79 acre grass fire because of some using tracers without reading the range rules they ended up in a whole mess of trouble over it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...